Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Jim Tressel suspended

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Jim Tressel suspended

    For two games and fined 250k in tOSU's self imposed sanctions.

    It turns out Tressel knew about the whole trading gear for tats scheme in October instead of December like he had previously said.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    what a joke

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    He should be looking at a similar type of penalty from the NCAA as Bruce Pearl will get.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    He should be looking at a similar type of penalty from the NCAA as Bruce Pearl will get.
    Worse. Pearl lied to cover up a slap on the wrist secondary violation. Tressell tried to cover up a major violation of multiple players receiving illegal benefits.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    Plus it isn't his first time doing this I dont believe. He had a similar situation at Youngstown State too I think.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Plus it isn't his first time doing this I dont believe. He had a similar situation at Youngstown State too I think.
    Yes. With his star QB who was receiving extra benefits.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    not the first time at tOSU either, Troy Smith and Mo Clarett both messed up under JT
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    All I'm doing is smiling. This dude deserves all the bad things in life that the NCAA can do to him. He's a weasel.

    Maybe they can return that 2002 crystal football to where it belongs while they're at it.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    More than likely this keeps them 0-fer against the SEC too.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member LBU's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2006
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jim Tressel suspended

    ?I will say this about the situation, there is no coach in college sport that is a better example in my mind of what coaching is all about and what it should be and how things should be done than Jimmy Tressel,? he said.
    ?He has done a great job at Ohio State, not because he's won a lot of games, but because he has won a lot of games doing things the absolute right way.
    "I think he would be at the top of the heap when it came to picking guys that did things the way they were supposed to be done. There isn't anybody that's better in that regard than Jim Tressel is.? :laffingassoff:

    Bob Knight on "Mike And Mike" this morning
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] "Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things." JVP[/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •